Sunday, May 18, 2008

Finishing Strong

Hi...We are almost done with this school year...and that means that Austin will be a SENIOR in high school...can you believe it? because I can't....sometimes when I say the word "senior", I feel like I am in a dream...It seems like just yesterday he was born...All I can say to all the young mother's out there, cherish your time with your children, they are grown and gone before you can blink an eye!!!

Final exams are this week...He has two exams on Wed and Thurs. and then one on Friday...He worked this past week writing 5 essays for 30% of his English exam...

We did hear back from the insurance company on Friday. Austin's car is "officially" totalled..The adjuster left a message on my cell phone and to be honest I didn't feel like dealing with it on Friday so I will call her tomorrow and get the details..We have been sharing a car/ride for the last two weeks...It doesn't bother me and Austin hasn't complained...I doubt we will replace his car anytime soon...it is saving us money not having to cars (gas and insurance) and the extra money going into SENIOR year is much needed...

Austin is going to Arizona with my mom in two weeks to visit my younger sister and her family ....he is really excited to get to spend time with the family and will get to take a college visit at the University of Arizona while he is there....It will be a short trip for him, but he will have fun...

Randy and I are doing fine...he is busy with softball and I am finally not doing volleyball on a regular basis...at least for the next 6 weeks, then my pre-season with the school team starts and I will be very busy for the next 5 months...not complaining, you all know I love the game!!!! We are going to landscape our yard next weekend (Memorial Day)...Our yard has taken a back seat since we moved in here and needs some TLC...

Please continue to keep us in your prays and we do all of you!! Hugs to everyone!!!

Won't GOD protect his chosen ones who pray to him day and night? Won't he be concerned for them? He will surely hurry and help them. Luke 18.7-8

No comments: