Sunday, January 13, 2008

Just some thoughts

This past week I have had many conversations with different teen boys and girls in my life, including my son. Since I have started working at the school where Austin attends, I have found myself in numerous situations where these children are wanting to me to listen more than talk, which has been hard for me, because I LOVE to talk!! (hehehe).....

I found the following quote on another person's blog, and I found it very profound for me and I hope that if you are reading this it will help you as much as it did me. I am going to try, with GOD's help, to begin to see these children in a "different" light...All they are trying to do is find themselves, and asking us to help them walk in this journey. Everyday my child amazes me with his maturity and growth into a young man that I know GOD has made him to be.

“When things get rough as children grow up and want independence, don’t go head to head with them. You will always loose to them. Instead, walk with them, learn who they are, and respond accordingly. You will have less pain and will experience much more joy in the process”.

Blessings!!!!

No comments: